Saturday, December 27, 2008

self imposed solitary confinement

A strange, strange thing is happening....my usual super social, gregarious interactiveness has been decidedly replaced by an intense preference for staying home alone. Physical therapy had been motivating me out the door a few days a week, but that's been "off" during the holidays, and thus I languish here. The usual things that would appeal to me, live music, visiting friends, etc. cannot overpower my desire to keep safe within the confines of my home. hmmmmmmm
Very weird. It is true that on a reduced income, I stay here in order to avoid unnecessary expenditure, i.e. cover charges, gas, food out, etc. My shoulder impingement, lately the source of significant pain, is exacerbated by wearing a bra, and lets face it folks, I really need to do that when going out! Then there's the haircut issue. More money saving has kept me out of Fred's chair and multiple bad hair days in a row have left me more than morose.

ugh....such whining....not my usual style either. Perhaps I really need the chronic exhaustion of work in order to be truly happy.........

No comments:

Post a Comment